Teach for America – General Information, Class Registration and Payment Arrangements

—Below is some specific information that will be needed as you matriculate in your program. For information specific to your program of study and the classes in which you will be involved in a given semester, see the program information section of this website.

All communication between Georgia State University and students is conducted through Panther Mail.

Get PantherMail 

Once you have established your university account, you can have messages forwarded to your current personal Internet provider. However, notification to your student email account is the official means of communication from the University, and it is advisable to check this account regularly during your time in the College of Education & Human Development.

Activate Your GSU Campus ID

Whether you need to find out what your CampusID is, retrieve your CampusID, manage your account or anything else, GSU Technology can help.
Learn about your CampusID 

You can also contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (4357) or by email at [email protected].

Where do I find my CampusID password?

You can set your CampusID password at https://campusid.gsu.edu/main.

How do I activate my CampusID?

You may activate your CampusID online at GSU Technology|Accounts and Passwords.

If you have difficulty activating your CampusID you may contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (4357) or by email at [email protected].

Verification Of Enrollment - Letters for School Systems

As a TFA corps member working in a metro-Atlanta school, you will be on a non-renewable certificate. As a condition of your employment, during the fall or spring semester you may be asked by your school system to provide documentation that you are enrolled in an approved teacher education program. For such letters you can contact Basja M. Tibbs, CEHD Certification Officer in the CEHD Office of Academic Assistance.

By email:
In person: CEHD Building, 3rd floor, 30 Pryor Street
By phone: 404-413 8000

Applying for Graduation

Graduate Degree Candidates should apply at least two semesters in advance of the expected semester of graduation. If you miss the graduation application deadline, you can contact the graduation office regarding how to petition to have a late application accepted.

Information about deadlines and how to apply for graduation can be found at the Registrar's website.

PAWS - Georgia State's Online Student System

Georgia State University’s online student system is called PAWS — which stands for Panther Access to Web Services. By accessing PAWS, a student is able to register (add/drop or withdraw from) classes, submit online evaluations of instructors, view academic records, view grades, run a degree (academic evaluation) audit, request transcripts and enrollment verifications, view personal information, view and accept financial aid, view and pay tuition and fees, and enroll in direct deposit for electronic refunds.

Access PAWS 

On PAWS, you can:

  1. Register online for on-campus parking and enter the semester’s M-Deck lottery. View our registration guide.
  2. After registering for class, access the University Bookstore's online textbook store to order from the University Bookstore.
  3. View online undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
  4. Access and update student e-mail (www.gsu.edu/help/information_students.html)

Registering For Classes

  • Detailed instructions regarding the courses in which you should register will be provided by individual programs  If you are unsure about the courses in which you should enroll, please contact your program coordinator.
  • GSU students use an online registration system.  For instructions for registering online, view the registration guide.


  • What to do if you have a CITIZENSHIP VERIFICATION HOLD
    • The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia requires that any student applying to Georgia State University provide verification of their lawful presence in the U.S. before their admission can be finalized. A citizenship verification hold preventing registration will be placed until lawful presence is verified. For more information regarding the policy and instructions on getting the hold removed, please visit our information on citizenship verification.
  • What to do if you have an IMMUNIZATION HOLD.
    • Submit Proof of Immunizations
    • All new students attending Georgia State University for the first time must provide evidence of required immunizations.  The GSU immunization form lists GSU's requirements.  Students may use any documentation available from their doctor as long as information is submitted on all requirements.  If your immunization form was not submitted by September 30  of the year you first entered, an immunization registration hold was placed on your account.

Completed forms should be submitted to GSU Immunization Office:    Fax:  404-413-1955

Mail: GSU Immunization Office, 141 Piedmont Ave., Ste. D. Atlanta GA 30303

Need Help?
Visit Georgia State's One Stop Shop to find guidance to all of your enrollment-related concerns in the areas of student accounts, financial aid, and registration.  The One Stop Shop aims to significantly reduce the shuffle of being routed from office to office by providing one stop for all Georgia State students.

  • By Email:   [email protected]
  • In Person:   The One Stop Shop has convenient locations in 249 Sparks Hall and 292 Kell Hall.  The hours for our walk-in locations are 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • By Phone:  You can also receive phone assistance through the Enrollment Services Call Center at 404-413-2600 or for TTY (for hearing impaired students), call 404-413-2281. Our Call Center is available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

ECEE Course Specific Registration Issues

  • By Email:  Kendall Jones
  • By Phone: 404-413-8027
  • In Person: College of Education & Human Development Building, 5th floor, 30 Pryor Street, Atlanta, GA 30303

Emergency contact information is required for all students. You can easily provide this information via your PAWS account. To ensure compliance a registration hold is placed on all student records immediately after admission. This hold will be automatically released once you have provided this information.

Access PAWS 

How much are Georgia State tuition and fees?

     Tuition for each semester is calculated based on the number of graduate credit hours in which you will be enrolled. Mandatory fees are charged per each semester a student enrolls.

Visit Tuition and Fees 

How do I make sure I am charged in-state tuition? 

    • If you are an out-of-state student, you will need to submit an application for Waiver of Non-Resident Fees to keep from being charged out-of-state tuition.  Waivers are only valid for 12 months. After the 12 months are over students receiving the Full-Time Employee Waiver will need to submit another application, and students receiving the Economic Advantage Waiver will need to apply for in-state residency.Learn more about the Waiver of Non-Resident Fees 
    • For more information on the waiver process, please: Visit the Office of the Registrar 

All out-of-state TFA corps member must submit this paperwork prior to the fall semester each year they are in the program. Paperwork submitted for the fall term will be good through the following summer term. You should submit documentation to the Office of the Registrar as indicated on the form.

If you a Georgia resident who has been levied out-of-state tuition in error, you can petition to have your classification changed.  See the Petition for Georgia Tuition Classification page for further information.