Teach for America – Fall Semester
Fall Semester 2016 — Deadlines
- Georgia State University’s College of Education & Human Development uses an online graduate application site.Apply online
- Select "College of Education & Human Development," and then select your program from the list below (scroll through the programs in the dropdown box until you nearly reach the end), and select the "Fall 2016"
- See the file attached to this link: "Online Application Tips for TFA Applicants" for information to support your application process.
This program includes a non-degree option and an option to complete certification requirements prior to completion of Masters. The GRE scores are required for admission to the M.A.T. but Fall 2016 candidates may be provisionally accepted with GRE scores to be submitted by September 30.
- TFA Only: English Education, Master of Arts in Teaching
- TFA Only: Mathematics Education, Master of Arts in Teaching
- TFA Only: Science Education, Master of Arts in Teaching
- TFA Only: Social Studies Education, Master of Arts in Teaching
- TFA Only: Middle Level - Language Arts/Social Studies (Gr. 4-8)
- TFA Only: Middle Level - Math/Science (Gr. 4-8)
- TFA Only: ESOL Certification (P-12) with Reading Endorsement
(These programs include an option to complete certification requirements prior to completion of Masters.)
* Applicants will receive an automated email when they begin an application and a second email when they submit the application. If your browser has a section for trusted sites, please enter these two URLs:
- Resume, Goal Statement, and Recommendation Letters
- GRE Scores
- TFA applicants may be conditionally admitted pending submission of their GRE scores. For the certification/master's degree programs housed in the MSE departments and for the M.Ed. programs in special education in ESC, applicants must submit their GRE scores by September 30, 2016.
- For information on taking the GRE, see the Educational Testing Service website.
- Use College Code 5251 for the college code (DO NOT specify a department code) for reporting your GRE scores.
We urge you to:
- PRINT a copy of your application when given the prompt to do so.
- Save the application submission email.
- There is a $50 application fee. You may pay with a charge card (VISA, AMEX, etc.).
- If you experience any technical difficulty, please click on “Technical Support” in the online application. You will be asked to enter your email address in order to receive online technical support. Your technical support request will be processed by an ApplyYourself technical support representative and will be responded to as quickly as possible. Be sure to be as detailed as possible in your description of the problem.
- The College of Education & Human Development’s Office of Academic Assistance is also available to answer questions and provide assistance regarding the admissions process for our GSU/TFA collaborative teacher education programs. Nancy Keita, Director of the Office of Academic Assistance via email: [email protected]