Initial Certification or Adding a New Field to a Certificate (Including Endorsements)

Most of the application (for initial certification or adding a new field or endorsement) is completed and submitted by you, the student. Just one form requires confirmation from the College of Education & Human Development certification officer. Here are the three steps you need to follow for success: create a MyPSC account, if you have not already done so.

Step #1: Approved Program Completion Form

Complete Section 1 only and submit to the College of Education & Human Development certification officer, Basja Tibbs, via:

Fax: 404-413-8003
Email: [email protected]
Georgia State University
Attn: Certification Officer
Office of Academic Assistance & Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 3977
Atlanta, GA  30302-3977
In person at:
College of Education & Human Development Building, 30 Pryor Street, Suite 300, Atlanta 30303

The university Certification Officer verifies that you have completed all requirements for certification, and will sign the Approved Program Completion form. The Certification Officer will then submit the completed form to the Georgia PSC. You may monitor your certification status with your MyPSC account.

Step #2: Completing the Online Application

Access your MyPSC account

Click on the “Applications” tab and complete the online application. Notice the “Help” and “Video” icons in the upper right hand corner — these are very helpful tools that should answer any questions you might have. Here is what the application looks like: Georgia PSC Initial Certification Application

Once you complete the online application, you will have the opportunity to upload any required forms:

Step #3: Submitting Your Transcripts

Transcripts are not a part of the online upload and must be sent directly from each college or university attended. If transcripts are sent from the student, they are no longer considered official.

    • Submit official transcripts from every college or university you have attended, including Georgia State University. Before requesting your official GSU transcript, make certain that your final grades and/or degree appear on the transcript.
    • Request your official electronic transcript (such as EScrip or Parchment) from each institution and issue it to [email protected]. If the institution can only mail paper documents, mail to:

Georgia Professional Standards Commission
200 Piedmont Ave., SW
Suite 1702, West Tower
Atlanta, GA  30334-9032

Useful Links