ACADEMY FOR FUTURE TEACHERS
AFT June 5-23, 2023.
Academy for Future Teachers 2023
The Academy for Future Teachers (AFT’23) from Georgia State invites Atlanta’s bright, talented and diverse high school students to explore a career teaching math or science. STEM-focused students are also a great fit.
From 8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily for three weeks, high school participants will connect to build teaching and communication skills. Applying STREAM concepts, small teams dig deep into current, real-world challenges and then devise engaging ways to teach the answers they uncover. AFT spotlights the professional and academic skills educators need — practical skills every student and future STREAM leader can use.
Best of all — high school students will teach real students every week! Real middle school and pre-K students give students essential real-world feedback that helps these future educators spotlight the professional and academic skills they need while deciding what goals are right for them.
Join Us June 5-23, 2023 on Georgia State’s downtown campus.
Will you be a sophomore, junior or senior in fall 2023 and are considering teaching or a STEM career? Complete the application below to join AFT 2023!
What is AFT All About?
- Generous stipends for participation
- Classes 8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily
- Transit card or parking pass provided
- Using STEM to tackle real-world challenges
- How one’s style affects students and co-workers
- Essential pedagogy and differentiated learning
- Emotional intelligence and learning styles
- Classes with university professors and top public-school teachers
- Personal, scholastic, and professional explorations
- Using STEM to solve real-world issues
- Teaching lessons you prepared to real students each week
- A new level of collaboration and presentation skills