What is Project NURTURE and what does it offer?
Project NURTURE is a teacher readiness and residency program. The program is designed to increase highly qualified and certified teachers in high-need schools in rural and urban schools throughout Georgia. To do so, Project NURTURE establishes a series of support systems that develop three major pathways to encourage individuals who are interested in becoming educators.
So, if you dream of being a teacher, now is your opportunity. Whether you are a retiree, a career changer with a bachelor’s degree, a paraprofessional ready to lead a classroom or a military veteran, Project NURTURE provides a way forward to fulfill your dream.
Over the course of one academic year, Teacher Residents will be mentored and prepared to lead their own classrooms.
Applications are now being accepted. Apply here »
- Complete a one-year residency in a classroom paired with an experienced mentor teacher
- Earn a Master of Arts in Teaching degree in 18 months
- Commit to a three-year teaching assignment in a rural or urban high-need school
- Receive a living-wage stipend (amount varies by hiring district or school)
- Enroll at the Project NURTURE partner institution of your choice
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Apply and be accepted to the M.A.T. program of their choice at their desired NURTURE institution
- Complete the Project NURTURE application
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or be a permanent resident
- Include with application two letters of recommendation, two copies of official transcripts, a statement of goals and an updated resume
For more information contact: [email protected]
- One-on-one interaction with mentor teachers
- Cross-career learning communities
- Professional development
- Summer research symposium