PATHWAYS TO TEACHING
In addition to the teacher residency program, Project NURTURE
encompasses additional pathways to encourage a career in teaching.
Residency Readiness Academy (RRA)
The Residency Readiness Academy (RRA) program will prepare participants with associate degrees to enter and complete the teacher residency master’s degree program once the bachelor’s degree is completed. Additionally, we assist individuals with bachelor’s degrees who are not yet certified.
- Support individuals with associate degrees and undergraduate students who wish to become teachers
- Guide interested individuals to financial aid counseling, test preparation training and other resources
- Encourage eligible* candidates to apply to Project NURTURE for consideration (*Completion of bachelor’s degree)
Academy for Future Teachers (AFT)
The Academy for Future Teachers is designed for bright, talented and diverse high school students seriously considering a career teaching math or science in a rural and/or urban environment for a math or science career.
- Participate in a three-week intensive emphasizing math and science teaching strategies
- Develop teaching and presentation skills
- Build appreciation for the value of professional and academic preparation
Visit the Academy for Future Teachers website for more information »