When applying to the Educational Leadership Tier 1 Online Certification, Non-Degree, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online Application
- Application Fee of $50
- Goals Statement (upload with application – please address each of the following items in your goal statement)
- What are your reasons for applying to Georgia State’s Tier 1 leadership program?
- One major part of the Tier I program is logging 300 hours of clinical leadership experience. This requires you to assume leadership positions in your school and/or district. You will be responsible for working with a mentor to identify and participate in these experiences.
- Describe how you will be able to complete those hours.
- Resume (upload with application)
- Applicant must identify a mentor who currently holds leadership certification in Georgia and will need to complete the following agreement form. Once the agreement form has been completed by both parties, the applicant should upload the signed agreement to their application under the MISC documents section.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (one letter of recommendation must be from a school leader who supervises/evaluates you and the second letter can be from either the mentor leader or an educational professional who can give evidence of your leadership skills)
- Applicant must have three years of experience in a K-12 school setting (upload teaching certificate to application) and meet certification requirements in Georgia
- Official Transcript(s): minimum 3.25 graduate GPA required for admission (must hold a master’s, specialist, or doctoral level degree)
- submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing directly to Georgia State University | Office of Graduate Admissions | P.O. Box 4018 Atlanta, GA 30302
In order to meet certification requirements for educational leadership in Georgia, you will also need to complete the following prior to program admission:
- Georgia Ethics Assessment for Educational Leadership
Click here for information and how to register for the Georgia Ethics Assessment for Educational Leadership.