When applying to the Special Education – General Curriculum P-12, Non-Degree program, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online Application
- Application Fee of $50
- Goals Statement (upload with the application). The statement should adhere to the guidelines below and must address all outlined topics. The goals statement will be assessed on the following: the quality and clarity of your writing, fully covering all topics, and your disposition toward students with disabilities. Guidelines: one-two pages in length, 12 font size, one-inch margins on each side, single-spaced:
- Describe your experience working with students with disabilities, and what draws you to becoming a teacher.
- Describe how your strengths, skills, interests, and experiences will contribute to the profession of education.
- Describe how the professional and academic goals you hope to accomplish by completing this program of study will benefit the students with whom you intend to work.
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (identify your references on the application)
- Official Transcript: minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA required for admission
- submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended either electronically to [email protected] or by mailing directly to Georgia State University | Office of Graduate Admissions | P.O. Box 4018 Atlanta, GA 30302
In order to meet certification requirements in Georgia, you will also need to complete the following prior to program admission:
- Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment
- Click here for information and how to register for the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment.