If you do not have a master’s degree you can enroll in our concurrent Ph.D. in which you will complete a master’s on your way to a Ph.D.
When applying to the Educational Psychology, Ph.D. program, you will need to submit the following:
- Online Application
- Application Fee of $50
- Goals Statement (upload with the application):
- In 500-1000 words, summarize your skills and experiences that are relevant to graduate study in educational psychology. Address the fit between your objectives and the graduate training offered at Georgia State, including the fit with faculty member(s) with whom you would most like to work. Discuss what you would like to be doing three to five years after you receive your Ph.D.
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Writing Sample (upload with the application)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (at least two letters should come from academic sources; upload with the application)
- Official Transcript: minimum 3.30 graduate GPA required for admission (applicants for concurrent master’s/Ph.D. admission must have minimum 3.30 undergraduate GPA)
- submit transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- GRE scores (verbal, quantitative and analytical subtests required):
- An official score on the Graduate Record Examination General Test is required for admission to Ph.D. programs in the College of Education and Human Development. While it is important to note that GRE scores are used along with other criteria established by departments and programs when determining admission, a score of 155 or higher on the verbal section and 151 or higher on the quantitative section will make the application more competitive
- Institution code 5251
- Scores may not be more than five years old at time of application
Admission to the program considers a variety of factors including academic achievement, GRE scores, experience, statement, writing sample, letters of recommendation and compatibility of interests with those of the program and faculty. Although interviews are not required, you may be contacted by the program for more information.