Program of Study
The master of arts in creative and innovative education program offers flexible scheduling for students to complete a minimum 12-course, 36-credit hour program. Eight courses are required and students can choose four electives. View the catalog listing to find out more about coursework and electives.
- 36 total credit hours
- 8 courses in creative and innovative education
- 4 courses in selected concentration
- Apprenticeship related to creative and innovative education
Program Degree Requirements
Master of Arts in Creative and Innovative Education
Professional Studies (6)
Major Courses (18)
- ECE 7760 Create to Learn (3)
- ECE 7800 Capstone (3)
- ECE 7850 Apprenticeship in Creative and Innovative Education (3)
- ECE 7960 Seminar Series (3) (Students will take 1 credit hour for 3 semesters.)
- ECE 8021 Child Development and Beyond (3)
- ECE 8100 Children in Society (3)
Students will select four electives (12 hours) from Georgia State University colleges and schools to fulfill one of the following pathways:
Educational Entrepreneurship and Business
Educational Non-profit Leadership
Arts (including digital arts) Integrated Curriculum Design
Educational Creatives (musicians, visual artists, performers, etc.)
Students can take courses numbered 6000 or above in Art Education (AE), Early Childhood Education (ECE), Learning Technologies (LT), Marketing (MK), Music (MUS), or Policy Studies (PMAP) with the approval of the program coordinator or faculty adviser. Other appropriate courses may be selected with the approval of the program coordinator or faculty adviser.
Changes in the program of study listed above must be approved by the faculty adviser and a copy of the changes sent to the College of Education & Human Development Office of Academic Assistance and Graduate Admissions.
Program Total: Minimum of 36 semester hours