We offer enrollment to the following groups:
- Students attending Georgia State University who are parents
- Faculty and staff of Georgia State University
- State of Georgia employees (Capitol Hill location only)
- Alumni of Georgia State University (limited enrollment)
Georgia State Students Who Are Parents
- Parents attending classes at Georgia State are eligible to apply for child care.
- Present proof of current registration at the beginning of each semester. The following rules apply:
- Upon withdrawal from classes in a semester, the child can remain in the program for the semester’s duration. The parent must enroll in classes the following semester so their child can remain eligible for a space in the center.
- If the parent completes a semester but does not enroll for the next semester the child can remain in the program for a grace period of one semester. The child can remain beyond that time if the parent enrolls in classes the semester following the grace period. This applies to students who take a break from classes and those who graduate.
Note: These rules are consistent with the Student Code of Conduct and Policies (revised edition, March 4, 2014).
It states: “Non-enrolled students may not benefit from the privileges reserved for ‘students.’ When a person is in non-enrolled student status for two consecutive semesters, the person then becomes a non-student. Non-students may not benefit from the privileges reserved for enrolled students.”
Faculty Staff & State of Georgia Employees
Faculty, Staff and State of Georgia Employees (Capitol Hill location only):
While employed with Georgia State faculty and staff members can apply to be in the program. Present proof of employment at the time of enrolling your child. The following rules apply:
- Upon termination of employment in a semester, the child can remain in the program until the end of that semester only.
- Upon termination of employment at the end of a semester the child can remain in the program for a grace period of one semester.
Upon the parent’s graduation:
- The child can remain in the program for the semester immediately following graduation.
Upon the parent (student, faculty, staff) leaving Georgia State or state employment:
- If accepted into the pre-kindergarten program, the child can remain for a full year.
NOTE: By the rules of Bright from the Start, Department of Early Care and Learning for administering the state-funded pre-kindergarten program.