VIEW OUR PROGRAMS
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE M.S. DEGREE
Please note that the application process for the Communication Sciences and Disorders M.S. program requires applicants to apply in two places: the CSDCAS Application system and the Georgia State Graduate Application system.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for any inquiries you may have.
The CSDCAS application portal opens August 18 and the Georgia State graduate application portal opens June 1.
Applicants submit required admission materials to CSDCAS and to Georgia State’s graduate application system in order to be considered for admission.
For application instructions and submission, please click the tabs below.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE M.S. DEGREE
Master’s Program Admission Requirements
The Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD), MS program at Georgia State University is a Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) accredited program that prepares students to become entry-level speech-language pathologists. We welcome students with different strengths and backgrounds to the program.
Admission to the CSD program is highly competitive. The minimum requirements for consideration for admission include:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate overall GPA of 3.0
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) there are NO MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS. Click here for information about the GRE Fee Reduction Program.
- Knowledge of the profession of communication disorders/speech-language pathology
- Three strong letters of recommendation– preferably from professors
- Goals Statement (upload with the application) All applicants are required to submit a goal statement as part of their application. The statement should follow the guidelines and must address topics 1 and 2 listed below.
- One page in length
- 12 font size
- One-inch margins on each side
- Describe an experience (for example, accomplishment, event, or challenging situation) that shaped you, changed your perspective, or sparked personal growth that relates to your plans to pursue graduate school.
- Explain how you would contribute to the academic and clinical culture of our Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Georgia State.
- If there is any additional information you would like to share or clarify about your application, please do so.
- Interview (February 2023)
- Deadline: December 1st — remember to complete and submit two applications (CSDCAS and Georgia State Graduate Application)
Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate overall GPA of 3.0. Students are not required to complete any of the prerequisite courses prior to admissions or beginning the master’s program. Students who have not completed prerequisite courses may be placed in our three-year program.
The minimum GPA to apply the the CSD program is 3.0.
Letters of Recommendation
(3) Strong letters of recommendation- preferably from professors
Visit our master’s program FAQ page for more information.
- Take the GRE General Test- Applicants should take all three divisions of the GRE. There are no minimum requirements for the exam. (Please note: November 1st is the last date to take the test to ensure that your official scores are received by the December 1st deadline)
- Request official GRE scores from ETS to CSDCAS (code 7461) & Georgia State University (code 5251)
- Create an account with CSDCAS
- Send official transcripts (from every college and university you’ve attended) to CSDCAS
- Complete & submit the CSDCAS Application; pay the application fee
- Create a profile for the Georgia State Graduate Application
- Begin your Georgia State Graduate Application – complete all components of the Georgia State Graduate Application except the following sections: writing sample, art portfolio, letters of recommendation
- Complete and submit Georgia State Graduate Application; pay $50 application fee
Georgia State University Application Customer Service Phone and Email:
CSDCAS Application Customer Service Phone and Email:
Applicants are encouraged to monitor their “Check Status” tab on their applications for real–‐time status information —Verification can take up to 4 weeks
|Requirement||Submission Method||Procession Time (Approximate)||Notes|
Official transcripts from ALL schools attended
(Note: overall minimum 3.0 GPA required)
|Submit to CSDCAS
Send transcripts to:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
|Up to 5 weeks (once all required materials received for verification and processing)||Transcripts must be received by CSDCAS by December 1st, or your application will not move forward for review.|
|Completed CSDCAS application (pay application fee)||CAPCSD.org
|Up to 5 weeks (once all required materials received)||Application, and all supporting documents (transcripts, GRE, letters of recommendation), must be received by CSDCAS by December 1st.|
|Completed Georgia State Graduate Application ($50 fee)||Georgia State Graduate Application||Up to 4 weeks||Application, GRE & GACE scores must be submitted by December 1st. Complete all components of the application, except the writing sample, art portfolio, and letters of recommendation.|
|GRE scores||Submit to CSDCAS (code: 7461) and Georgia State (code: 5251)||Allow 4-6 weeks for ETS to report official scores||
Request ETS report scores to:
CSDCAS (code: 7461)
- August 2022: CSDCAS portal opens August 18 and Georgia State Graduate Application portal opens by June 1.
- November 1, 2022: Last day to take GRE to ensure official scores are reported by the application deadline.
- December 1, 2022: Application Deadline (submit both the CSDCAS and Georgia State Graduate Applications — ALL supporting documents must be received by Dec. 1)
- December 21 – January 1: Georgia State University closed for Winter Holiday
- December 2022-February 2023: Processing and reviewing of applications
- February 2023: CSD Interview Day –(program will contact applicants selected for interview by middle of February)
- Late February-Early March, 2023: Admission decision reported to the applicant
|CSDCAS Application Instructions||Georgia State Graduate Application Instructions|
|Application Deadline: December 1||Application Deadline: December 1|
| Transcripts mailed to: CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471CSDCAS Application»
|Georgia State Graduate Application»|