VIEW OUR PROGRAMS
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE M.S. DEGREE
Please note that the application process for the Communication Sciences and Disorders M.S. program requires applicants to apply in two places: the CSDCAS Application system and the Georgia State Graduate Application system.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for any inquiries you may have.
The CSDCAS application portal opens on August 1, and the Georgia State graduate application portal opens on July 1.
Applicants submit required admission materials to CSDCAS and to Georgia State’s graduate application system in order to be considered for admission.
For application instructions and submission, please click the tabs below.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE M.S. DEGREE
Master’s Program Admission Requirements
The Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) M.S. program at Georgia State University is a Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) accredited program that prepares students to become entry-level speech-language pathologists. We welcome students with different strengths and backgrounds to the program.
Admission to the Communication Sciences & Disorders M.S. program is highly competitive. The minimum requirements for consideration for admission include the following:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate overall GPA of 3.0
- Knowledge of the profession of communication disorders/speech-language pathology
- Three strong letters of recommendation– preferably from professors
- Goals Statement (uploaded with the application) All applicants must submit a goal statement as part of their application. The statement should adhere to the guidelines and must address the 3 questions listed below.
- Guidelines: One page in length; 12-point font; one-inch margins on each side; single-spaced
- Respond to all 3 of the questions. Your response to each question should be one paragraph in length.
- 1. What led you to pursue the profession of speech-language pathology?
- 2. What makes you a unique candidate for our program?
- 3. What impact will GSU have on your education and future career?
- Interview (February 2024)
- Deadline: December 1 — remember to complete and submit two applications (CSDCAS and Georgia State Graduate Application)
Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate overall GPA of 3.0. Students are not required to complete any of the prerequisite courses before admission or beginning the master’s program. Students who have not completed prerequisite courses may be placed in our three-year program.
The minimum GPA to apply to the CSD program is 3.0.
Letters of Recommendation
(3) Strong letters of recommendation- preferably from professors
Visit our master’s program FAQ page for more information.
- Create an account with CSDCAS
- Send official transcripts (from every college and university you’ve attended) to CSDCAS
- Complete & submit the CSDCAS Application; pay the application fee
- Create a profile for the Georgia State Graduate Application
- Begin your Georgia State Graduate Application – complete all components of the Georgia State Graduate Application except the following sections: writing sample, art portfolio, letters of recommendation
- Complete and submit Georgia State Graduate Application; pay the $50 application fee
Georgia State University Application Customer Service Phone and Email:
CSDCAS Application Customer Service Phone and Email:
Applicants are encouraged to monitor their “Check Status” tab on their applications for real-time status information — Verification can take up to 4 weeks
|Requirement||Submission Method||Procession Time (Approximate)||Notes|
Official transcripts from ALL schools attended
(Note: overall minimum 3.0 GPA required)
|Submit to CSDCAS
Send transcripts to:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
|Up to 5 weeks (once all required materials are received for verification and processing)||Transcripts must be received by CSDCAS by December 1, or your application will not move forward for review.|
|Completed CSDCAS application (pay application fee)||CAPCSD.org
|Up to 5 weeks (once all required materials are received)||Application, and all supporting documents (transcripts, letters of recommendation), must be received by CSDCAS by December 1.|
|Completed Georgia State Graduate Application ($50 fee)||Georgia State Graduate Application||Up to 4 weeks||Complete all application components except the writing sample, art portfolio and letters of recommendation.|
- August 2023: CSDCAS portal opens on August 1, and the Georgia State Graduate Application portal opens on July 1.
- December 1, 2023: Application Deadline (submit both the CSDCAS and Georgia State Graduate Applications — ALL supporting documents must be received by Dec. 1)
- December 18 – January 1: Georgia State University closed for the Winter Holidays
- December 2023 – February 2024: Processing and reviewing of applications
- February 2024: CSD Interview Day –(program will contact applicants selected for interview by the middle of February)
- Late February-Early March 2024: Admission decision reported to the applicant
|CSDCAS Application Instructions||Georgia State Graduate Application Instructions|
|Application Deadline: December 1||Application Deadline: December 1|
|Transcripts mailed to CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471 CSDCAS Application»
|Georgia State Graduate Application»|