VIEW OUR PROGRAM
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE M.S. DEGREE
Please note that the application process for the Communication Sciences and Disorders M.S. program requires applicants to apply in two places: the CSDCAS Application system and the GSU/CAS-Liaison Application system.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for any inquiries you may have.
The CSDCAS application portal opens August 2 and the Georgia State application portal opens June 17.
Applicants submit required admission materials to CSDCAS and to Georgia State’s graduate application system in order to be considered for admission.
For application instructions and submission, please click the tabs below.
The Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD), MS program at Georgia State University is a Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) accredited program that prepares students to become entry-level speech-language pathologists. We welcome students with different strengths and backgrounds to the program.
Admission to the CSD program is highly competitive. The minimum requirements for consideration for admission include:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Graduate Record Exam is waived for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle*
- GACE Program Admission Assessment (or exemption) required if you do not currently meet certification requirements in Georgia
- Knowledge of the profession of communication disorders/speech-language pathology
- Three strong letters of recommendation
- Goal statement
- Deadline: December 1 — remember to complete and submit two applications (CSDCAS and GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application)
*Due to the impact of COVID-19, many GRE testing centers around the country are closed or probably will close as the number of coronavirus cases continue to surge. While ETS offers an at-home option, test takers must have the right equipment, software, and environment to take the exam at home, presenting an obstacle to admissions for many applicants. In an attempt to respond to these potential equity issues, CSD has put the following conditional admissions process in place for students who apply during the 2020-2021 admissions cycle:
- The GRE is waived for all applicants this year. GRE scores sent to the department will not be reviewed or considered in the admission process in order to provide a level playing field.
- Accordingly, all students who are accepted into the CSD program for Fall 2021 will be conditionally admitted.
- A disposition panel comprised of CSD faculty will be developed to review each students’ progress and decide whether a student should be officially admitted into the program:
- The panel will meet in late Fall semester, 2021 for students admitted as 2-year students and in late May, 2022 for 3-year admits.
- Criteria are as follows:a. 2-year students: (1) Must be enrolled as a full-time student in the CSD MS Program at GSU; (2) Must obtain a grade of B in CSD 7630; (3) Overall first graduate semester GPA must be 3.0; (4) Reminder that GRE scores sent to the department will not be reviewed or considered at any time during the admission process.
b. 3-year students: (1) Must be enrolled as a full-time student in the CSD MS Program at GSU; (2) Overall first graduate semester GPA must be 3.0; (3) Reminder that GRE scores sent to the department will not be reviewed or considered at any time during the admission process.
Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
GACE Program Admission Assessment (or exemption) required if you do not currently meet certification requirements in Georgia. Learn about exemption of the the GACE Program Admissions Assessment.
The minimum GPA to apply the the CSD program is 3.0.
Letters of Recommendation
(3) Strong letters of recommendation
Visit our FAQ page for more information.
- This step is waived for all Fall 2021 applicants (for more information, click here). Take the GRE General Test- Applicants should take all three divisions of the GRE and score in the 50th percentile or above on the verbal reasoning division (please note: November 1st is the last date to take the test to ensure that your official scores are reported by the December 1st deadline)
- This step is waived for all Fall 2021 applicants (for more information, click here). Request official GRE scores from ETS to CSDCAS (code 7461) & Georgia State University (code 5251)
- Take the GACE Program Admission Assessment by November 1st; report scores to Georgia State University (code 5090) unless exempt with SAT/ACT/GRE. GACE (or exemption) is required for applicants who do not currently meet certification requirements in Georgia.
- Create an account with CSDCAS
- Mail all official transcripts (from every college and university you’ve attended) to CSDCAS
- Complete & submit the CSDCAS Application; pay $125 application fee
- Create a profile for the GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application
- Begin your GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application – complete all components of the GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application except the following sections: writing sample, art portfolio, letters of recommendation
- Complete and submit GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application; pay $50 application fee
Georgia State University Application Customer Service Phone and Email:
CSDCAS Application Customer Service Phone and Email:
Applicants are encouraged to monitor their “Check Status” tab on their applications for real–‐time status information —Verification can take up to 4 weeks
|Requirement||Submission Method||Procession Time (Approximate)||Notes|
Official transcripts from ALL schools attended
(Note: overall minimum 3.0 GPA required)
|Submit to CSDCAS
Send transcripts to:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
|Up to 5 weeks (once all required materials received for verification and processing)||Transcripts must be received by CSDCAS by December 1, or your application will not move forward for review.|
|Completed CSDCAS application ($125 fee)||CAPCSD.org
|Up to 5 weeks (once all required materials received)||
Application, and all supporting documents (transcripts, GRE test scores**, letters of recommendation), must be received by CSDCAS by Dec. 1.
**The GRE requirement is waived for Fall 2021 applicants. Click here for more information.
|Completed GSU/CAS-Liaison application ($50 fee)||GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application||Up to 4 weeks||Application, GRE (waived for Fall 2021 applicants) & GACE scores must be submitted by Dec. 1. Complete all components of the application, except the writing sample, art portfolio, and letters of recommendation.|
|Submit to CSDCAS (code: 7461) and GSU (code: 5251)||Allow 4-6 weeks for ETS to report official scores||
Request ETS report scores to:
CSDCAS (code: 7461)
|GACE Program Admission Assessment||Submit to Georgia State University (code: 5090)||Up to 3-5 weeks for official score report||Official scores required by Dec. 1 deadline. GACE can be exempted if you meet criteria outlined here (GAPSC Program Admission Assessment Info). Please scroll down to “Options to Satisfy The Program Admission Assessment Requirement” section. GSU Code: 5090|
- August 2020: CSDCAS portal opens August 2 and GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application portal opens by June 1.
- November 1, 2020: Last day to take GRE (The GRE is waived for Fall 2021 applicants, click here for more information) & GACE Program Admission Assessment to ensure official scores are reported by the application deadline.
- December 1, 2020: Application Deadline (submit both the CSDCAS and GSU/CAS-Liaison Online Graduate Applications — ALL supporting documents must also be received by Dec. 1)
- December 21 – January 1: Georgia State University closed for Winter Holiday
- December 2021-February 2021: Processing and reviewing of applications
- March 2021 (COMING SOON): CSD Interview Day –(program will contact applicants selected for interview by middle of February)
- Mid March, 2021: Admission decision reported to the applicant
|CSDCAS Application Instructions||GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application Instructions|
|Application Deadline: December 1||Application Deadline: December 1|
| Transcripts mailed to:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471 CSDCAS Application»
|GSU/CAS-Liaison Graduate Application»|