Black teachers who enroll in CREATE are significantly more likely to remain in teaching after two years.
100% of current teacher-candidates recommend CREATE.
100% of CREATE Schools’ leaders indicate excitement about helping to develop new teachers.
CREATE supports the development of compassion, skill and anti-racism in Georgia State University teacher-candidates preparing to teach in Atlanta Public Schools.
- Enroll in Georgia State University’s College of Education &Human Development for the the upcoming school year in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Birth Through Five
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (P-5) and Special Education
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (P-5) with ESOL Endorsement
- Bachelors of Science in Middle Level Education – ELA, SS, Math or Sci
- Master of Arts in Teaching — Middle Level Education – ELA, SS, Math or Sci
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) – K-12 ESOL
- Enter their final year of study during the upcoming school year, with the expectation of graduation at the end of the upcoming Spring semester
In good academic standing with Georgia State
- Pass the following assessment by March 18, 2022:
- Commit to one year in the teacher residency program, working in one of our 17 partner schools within Atlanta Public Schools
Across the first year of residency, Georgia State teacher-candidates will complete their practicum and student teaching within an Atlanta Public Schools (APS) partner school and receive the following supports:
- $6000 Financial stipend — distributed between Aug 2022 to May 2023
- Mentor Teacher in an APS (selected and coached by CREATE)
- University Supervisor and Coach (Georgia State/CREATE staff)
- Monthly CREATE cohort professional development (for placement credit)
- Monthly CREATE small group coaching (for placement credit)
- GACE Test reimbursements
- Resume and cover letter writing support
- Career coaching sessions — applications, interviews, demonstration lessons
|Application Cycle||Deadline||Selection Day||Final Decision|
|Early Application Window **||February 10, 2022||February 25, 2022||March 4, 2022|
|Final Application Window||March 10, 2022||March 25, 2022||April 1, 2022|