Ed.D. Hooding Ceremony
The College of Education & Human Development’s Fall 2023 Ed.D. Hooding Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2023, at 11 a.m. in room 120 of Georgia State University’s Centennial Hall (100 Auburn Ave. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303).
This ceremony recognizes Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) graduates only.
All College of Education & Human Development bachelor’s, master’s, specialist in education and Ph.D. candidates will be recognized at university-level ceremonies. For more information, visit the Georgia State Commencement website.
Ceremony Information and Reminders
Graduation regalia is required for this event.
The deadline to purchase regalia has passed; however, Ed.D. candidates can still place rental orders through Friday, Nov. 17.
To rent regalia, visit the Herff Jones website, choose the “Cap and Gown (Includes Doctoral Rentals)” option and follow the instructions. All orders will be shipped to students. (There is a shipping fee. This includes a return address label for the rental return.)
All faculty are invited to attend the College of Education & Human Development’s Ed.D. Hooding Ceremony on Dec. 12. To RSVP for this event, email [email protected] by Thursday, Nov. 30.
Attire for faculty is regalia. Please come to Centennial Hall dressed in your regalia.
Hooding faculty: Please plan to arrive at Centennial Hall at 10:15 a.m. to check in at registration and report to the holding area for instructions. Hooding professors will be seated with their Ed.D. degree candidate(s) during the ceremony.
Transportation and Parking
The College of Education & Human Development Ed.D. Hooding Ceremony will take place in Georgia State University’s Centennial Hall (100 Auburn Ave. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303). You can see this building on the university’s interactive campus map and on Google Maps.
Take the Gold/Red MARTA rail line to the Peachtree Center transit station and exit the station on the Peachtree Center Transit Station side. Proceed south on Peachtree Street (towards Forsyth Street) and turn left onto John Wesley Dobbs Avenue. Then, turn right onto Courtland Street. Centennial Hall is on the left-hand side of the street.
There are several parking decks and metered street parking options for graduates and guests.
Georgia State University Parking Decks
- Georgia State has several parking deck options, all of which can be viewed on the university’s interactive campus map. Parking costs $10 in all decks.
- The closest university parking deck to Centennial Hall is T Deck (43 Auburn Ave. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303). If you park here, proceed east on Auburn Avenue toward Peachtree Center Avenue. Cross over Peachtree Center Avenue and continue on Auburn Avenue. Centennial Hall will be on the left-hand side of the street (at the intersection of Auburn Avenue and Courtland Street).
- Georgia State’s M Deck (33 Auditorium Place SE, Atlanta, GA 30303) is also close to Centennial Hall. If you park here, proceed on Auditorium Place (toward Courtland Street) and take a right on Courtland Street. Centennial Hall will be on the right-hand side of the street at the intersection of Courtland Street and Auburn Avenue.
Georgia-Pacific Parking Garage (60 John Wesley Dobbs Ave. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303)
- Parking Rates: $2 for 0-20 minutes; $2 for each additional 20 minutes; $16 max daily rate
- Directions: Proceed on John Wesley Dobbs Avenue and take a right onto Courtland Street. Centennial Hall will be at the end of the block on the left-hand side of the street.
Metered Street Parking
Street parking is also available on streets near Centennial Hall.
Upon arriving at Centennial Hall, graduates should report to the registration table for check-in and instructions for their recognition, and guests may take their seats. There is ample seating for all guests.
All graduates must be checked in and present in the student holding area by 10:30 a.m. Important instructions about the ceremony will be given to students and line up for the processional will happen at this time.
Guests are allowed to take photos and video during the event. Please note: A photographer will be available to take photos of graduates, which will be sent after the event to the email addresses graduates provide.
Any additional questions or concerns may be addressed to [email protected] or 404-413-8131.