Undergraduate Student Advising
Undergraduate students with less than 90 earned credit hours are advised in the University Advisement Center (25 Park Place N.E., Atlanta). Advisors assigned to freshman, sophomore, and junior education majors are on the fifth floor.
Students with 90 or more earned credit hours have their own personal senior advisor in the College of Education & Human Development’s Office of Academic Assistance (OAA), who are assigned by major. To schedule an appointment, please call 404-413-8000.
Your senior advisor will assist you with:
- Building an academic plan towards graduation
- Reviewing completed undergraduate transfer credit
- Confirming eligibility for entry into a teacher education major
- Helping choose courses each term
- Explaining and administering college and university policies
- Planning for graduate school and your career
- Referring you to other resources when needed
- Auditing you for graduation clearance
Contact your undergraduate academic advising team with questions or concerns
Academic Advisor (90+ hours): Birth through five, elementary education, exercise science (students with last names A-D), middle level education, sign language interpreting, special education and sport administration.
(includes exploratory students for assigned majors)
Graduate Student Advising
Faculty advisors in each program and other departmental faculty members provide the majority of graduate students’ advisement.
The Office of Graduate Student Services partners with department faculty to help graduate students complete their degrees. We assist with:
- Navigating graduate student policies and procedures
- Recommending you for certification (when applicable)
- Evaluating your clearance for graduation
Contact your graduate services academic advising team with your questions or concerns
College of Education & Human Development
30 Pryor Street, Suite 300 (3rd floor)
P.O. Box 3977
Atlanta, GA 30302-3977
8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
Other times by appointment: Call 404-413-8000 to schedule (preferred)