Undergraduate Student Advising
Undergraduate students with less than 90 earned credit hours are advised in the University Advisement Center (25 Park Place N.E., Atlanta). Advisors assigned to freshman, sophomore, and junior education majors are on the fifth floor.
Students in College of Education & Human Development majors with 90 or more earned credit hours have their own personal senior advisor in the CEHD Office of Academic Assistance (OAA), who are assigned by major. To schedule an appointment, please call 404-413-8000.
Your senior advisor will assist you with:
- Building an academic plan towards graduation
- Reviewing completed undergraduate transfer credit
- Confirming eligibility for entry into a teacher education major
- Helping choose courses each term
- Explaining and administering college and university policies
- Planning for graduate school and your career
- Referring you to other resources when needed
- Auditing you for graduation clearance
Contact your CEHD undergraduate academic advising team with questions or concerns
Graduate Student Advising
Faculty advisors in each program and other departmental faculty members provide the majority of graduate students’ advisement.
The Office of Graduate Student Services partners with department faculty to help graduate students complete their degrees. We assist with:
- Navigating graduate student policies and procedures
- Reviewing completed graduate transfer credit
- Referring you to other resources on campus when needed
- Recommending you for certification (when applicable)
- Evaluating your clearance for graduation