Undergraduate Student Advising
UPDATE: Currently the College of Education & Human Development Office of Academic Assistance is available to assist students virtually. Regular operating hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Students can schedule advising appointments using the Navigate app or by emailing their advisor directly (see below). If you are unable to reach your CEHD advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate students with less than 90 earned credit hours are advised in the University Advisement Center (25 Park Place N.E., Atlanta). Advisors assigned to freshman, sophomore, and junior education majors are on the fifth floor.
Students in College of Education & Human Development majors with 90 or more earned credit hours have their own senior advisor in the CEHD Office of Academic Assistance (OAA), who are assigned by major. Students can schedule an appointment with their OAA advisor using the Navigate app, emailing their advisor directly (see below), or by calling 404-413-8000.
Your senior advisor will assist you with:
- Building an academic plan towards graduation
- Reviewing completed undergraduate transfer credit
- Confirming eligibility for entry into a CEHD major
- Helping choose courses each term
- Explaining and administering college and university policies
- Planning for graduate school and your career
- Referring you to other resources when needed
- Auditing you for graduation clearance
Contact your CEHD undergraduate academic advising team with questions or concerns
Graduate Student Advising
UPDATE: The College of Education & Human Development Office of Graduate Student Services (GSS) is currently working remotely, but remains available to you for your graduate advisement needs. Business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Students can simply join their advisor during virtual advisement hours or email their advisor directly (see below). If you are unable to reach your graduate advisor, please feel free to reach out to Leslie Gillett at email@example.com.
Faculty advisors in each program and other departmental faculty members provide the majority of graduate students’ advisement. Graduate students should always consult with their assigned faculty advisor for course selection and approval for course work outside the program of study.
The Office of Graduate Student Services (GSS) partners with department faculty to help graduate students complete their degrees. We assist with:
- Navigating graduate student policies and procedures
- Reviewing completed graduate transfer credit
- Offering graduate workshops each semester to assist with academic and non-academic needs
- Referring you to other resources on campus when needed
- Recommending you for certification (when applicable)
- Evaluating your clearance for graduation
Contact your graduate services academic advising team with your questions or concerns
Please contact Caroline directly to schedule an advising appointment.
Join Michelle for virtual office hours on Thursdays from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm (EST)
Click here to access Michelle’s meeting room with access code: advisement
Please contact Leslie directly to schedule an advising appointment.
Please contact Carla directly to schedule an advising appointment.