What We Offer
The College of Education & Human Development offers seven online education degree programs, two graduate certificates, and two non-degree endorsements.
Four of these programs allow certified teachers to earn master of education (M.Ed.) degrees without coming to campus.
The master of arts in teaching (M.A.T.) enables students to earn their initial certification in the area of English to speakers of other languages (ESOL).
The master of science (M.S.) degree prepares graduates to conduct research in the schools and in other settings.
- no immunization requirements
- reduced student fees – students pay a technology fee and a Board of Regents institution fee
- courses offered spring, summer, and fall semesters
- no campus visits
- degrees are mirrored after campus-based programs
- a diploma will not indicate that the degree completion was online – these are Georgia State University master degree programs
- M.A.T. English to Speakers of Other Languages (initial teaching certification program)
- M.Ed. Health and Physical Education
- M.Ed. Mathematics Education
- M.Ed. Reading, Language, and Literacy Education
- M.Ed. Science Education
- M.S. Educational Research
- M.S. Instructional Design and Technology
- Learning Design and Development Online Graduate Certificate
- ESOL Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
How to Apply
Check State Eligibility
To determine whether you are eligible to apply for CEHD’s online programs, please visit the links below to view the full listing of states in which GSU is currently authorized to offer instruction as well as test your readiness for online program delivery with the readiness assessment.
- Accreditation and State Authorization »
- NOT approved in Kentucky & Massachusetts
The Office of Academic Assistance and Graduate Admissions provides detailed information on the application procedures for our online programs. Applicants can view the application deadlines and requirements online per program on their own page.
- Alexandra Starke, Ph.D. (Mathematics Education)
- Tuba Angay-Crowder, Ph.D. (ESOL and Reading, Language and Literacy Education)
- Rachel Gurvitch, Ph.D. (Health and Physical Education)
- Kadir Demir, Ph.D. (Science Education)
- Jennifer Esposito, Ph.D. (Educational Research)
- Mike Law, Ph.D. (Instructional Design and Technology)
|Middle and Secondary Education:||Educational Policy Studies:|
|M.A.T. / M.Ed. programs Bobbie Turner firstname.lastname@example.org 404-413-8405||M.S. Educational Research program Aishah Cowan email@example.com 404-413-8273|