What We Offer
The College of Education & Human Development offers nine online education degree programs, nine graduate certificates, and six non-degree endorsements.
Four of these programs allow certified teachers to earn master of education (M.Ed.) degrees without coming to campus.
The master of arts in teaching (M.A.T.) enables students to earn their initial certification in the area of English to speakers of other languages (ESOL). The master of interdisciplinary science (M.I.S.) enables students to earn their initial certification in the area of World Language Education.
The master of science (M.S.) degree prepares graduates to conduct research in the schools and in other settings.
- no immunization requirements
- reduced student fees – students pay a technology fee and a Board of Regents institution fee
- courses offered spring, summer, and fall semesters
- no campus visits
- degrees are mirrored after campus-based programs
- a diploma will not indicate that the degree completion was online – these are Georgia State University master degree programs
The program links below will take you to specific program pages. To view requirements for admission, scroll down the program page until you see tabs. The one marked Admissions Requirements will fill you in on the details you’ll need to provide to apply. Deadline dates will also be listed on the individual program pages. as well as a link to the catalog description.
- Birth through Five Graduate Certificate
- Computer Science Endorsement
- Corporate Learning Professional Certificate
- Dual Immersion Early Childhood Endorsement
- Education Informatics Certificate
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education
- ESOL Endorsement
- Health Literacy Graduate Certificate
- Instructional Design and Technology Graduate Certificate
- M.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in World Language Education
- M.S. Educational Research
- M.A.T. English to Speakers of Other Languages (initial teaching certification program)
- M.Ed. Health and Physical Education
- M.S. Instructional Design and Technology
- K-5 Mathematics Endorsement
- M.Ed. Literacy Education Online
- M.Ed. Mathematics Education
- Online Learning Design and Development Graduate Certificate
- Reading Endorsement Online
- M.Ed. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Education (STEM)
- STEM Education Certificate
- Teacher Support & Coaching Endorsement
- Tier I Educational Leadership Online Graduate Certification
- World Languages Teacher Certification Graduate Certificate
How to Apply
Check State Eligibility
To determine whether you are eligible to apply for CEHD’s online programs, please visit the links below to view the full listing of states in which GSU is currently authorized to offer instruction as well as test your readiness for online program delivery with the readiness assessment.
- Accreditation and State Authorization »
- NOT approved in Kentucky & Massachusetts
The Office of Graduate Student Services provides detailed information on the application procedures for our online programs. Applicants can view the application deadlines and requirements online per program on their own page. To view application deadlines and requirements for graduate admission, please click here.
- Susan Auslander, Ph.D. (M.Ed. in Elementary Education & K-5 Mathematics Endorsement)
- Garrett Delavan, Ph.D. (M.A.T. in ESOL & ESOL Endorsement)
- Lisa Domke, Ph.D. (Dual Immersion Early Childhood Endorsement)
- Tonia Durden, Ph.D.(Birth through Five Graduate Certificate)
- Jennifer Esposito,Ph.D.(Education Informatics Certificate)
- Iris Feinberg, Ph.D. (Health Literacy Graduate Certificate)
- Charles Fortner, Ph.D. (M.S. in Educational Research)
- Charity Gordon, Ph.D. (M.Ed. in Literacy Education Online & Reading Endorsement)
- Rachel Gurvitch, Ph.D. (M.Ed. in Health and Physical Education)
- Natalie King,Ph.D. (M.Ed. in STEM Education & STEM Education Certificate)
- Mike Law, Ph.D. (M.S. in Instructional Design and Technology, Instructional Design Certificates & Online Learning Design)
- Lauren Margulieux, Ph.D. (Computer Science Endorsement)
- Paula Garrett-Rucks, Ph.D. (M.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies & World Language Teacher Certification)
- Will Rumbaugh, Ed.D. (Add On Tier I Educational Leadership & Tier I Online Graduate Certification)
- Nickolaus Ortiz, Ph.D.(M.Ed. in Mathematics Education)
- Carla Tanguay, Ph.D. (Teacher Support & Coaching Endorsement)