What We Offer
The College of Education & Human Development offers seven online education degree programs, two graduate certificates, and two non-degree endorsements.
Four of these programs allow certified teachers to earn master of education (M.Ed.) degrees without coming to campus.
The master of arts in teaching (M.A.T.) enables students to earn their initial certification in the area of English to speakers of other languages (ESOL).
The master of science (M.S.) degree prepares graduates to conduct research in the schools and in other settings.
- no immunization requirements
- reduced student fees – students pay a technology fee and a Board of Regents institution fee
- courses offered spring, summer, and fall semesters
- no campus visits
- degrees are mirrored after campus-based programs
- a diploma will not indicate that the degree completion was online – these are Georgia State University master degree programs
The program links below will take you to specific program pages. To view requirements for admission, scroll down the program page until you see tabs. The one marked Admissions Requirements will fill you in on the details you’ll need to provide to apply. Deadline dates will also be listed on the individual program pages. as well as a link to the catalog description.
- M.A.T. English to Speakers of Other Languages (initial teaching certification program)
- M.Ed. Health and Physical Education
- M.Ed. Mathematics Education
- M.Ed. Reading, Language, and Literacy Education
- M.Ed. Science Education
- M.S. Educational Research
- M.S. Instructional Design and Technology
- Instructional Design and Technology Graduate Certificate
- Instructional Design and Technology Non-Degree
- Online Learning Design and Development Graduate Certificate
- Computer Science Endorsement
- Corporate Learning Professional Certificate
- ESOL Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
How to Apply
Check State Eligibility
To determine whether you are eligible to apply for CEHD’s online programs, please visit the links below to view the full listing of states in which GSU is currently authorized to offer instruction as well as test your readiness for online program delivery with the readiness assessment.
- Accreditation and State Authorization »
- NOT approved in Kentucky & Massachusetts
The Office of Graduate Student Services provides detailed information on the application procedures for our online programs. Applicants can view the application deadlines and requirements online per program on their own page. To view application deadlines and requirements for graduate admission, please click here.
- Alexandra Starke, Ph.D. (M.Ed. in Mathematics Education)
- Charity Gordon, Ph.D. (M.Ed. in Reading, Language and Literacy Education & Reading Endorsement)
- Tuba Angay-Crowder, Ph.D. (M.A.T. in ESOL & ESOL Endorsement)
- Rachel Gurvitch, Ph.D. (M.Ed. in Health and Physical Education)
- Kadir Demir, Ph.D. (M.Ed. in Science Education)
- Charles Fortner, Ph.D. (M.S. in Educational Research)
- Mike Law, Ph.D. (M.S. in Instructional Design and Technology)
- Lauren Margulieux, Ph.D. (Computer Science Endorsement)