Choose from a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, certificate and endorsement programs in education and human service fields.
The information shared here is intended to provide an overview of Georgia State’s Education & Human Development offerings. For official details on admissions requirements, tuition, courses and more please refer to the university catalogs.
- The program provides you with a knowledge base about schools, instructional methods, research methods, learning and developmental issues.
- You will learn application skills in the area of cognitive and achievement assessment, as well as interviewing. You will also develop your skills in teacher and parent consultations.
- APA accredited and National Association of School Psychologists approved
- Nationally known faculty (tenure-track faculty are members of the prestigious Society for the Study of School Psychology)
- Recognized among the top APA-accredited programs in research productivity
- Consistent record of external funding from state and federal research grants and contracts
- Graduates are practitioners, administrators, researchers, university professors and national leaders in school psychology
- Our program is committed to providing students with opportunities to publish articles and book chapters, present research at national and regional conferences and serve on state and national task forces/committees
- Student Admissions, Outcomes and Other Data for Georgia State University Ph.D. School Psychology Program
- Develop critical perspectives on education, inside and outside school.
- Evaluate the complex interrelationships among school, society, education and culture.
- Incorporate a number of disciplines, including history, philosophy, sociology, anthropology, political science and cultural studies.
- M.S. students in Social Foundations work closely with their advisors to craft a program of study that is individualized according to student interests. Customizing student coursework allows students to take courses in the university’s other colleges and schools (for example, Arts and Sciences, Public Policy, Public Health and so on).
Some of the courses are online