Choose from a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, certificate and endorsement programs in education and human service fields.
The information shared here is intended to provide an overview of Georgia State’s Education & Human Development offerings. For official details on admissions requirements, tuition, courses and more please refer to the university catalogs.
- instructional design
- alternative instructional delivery systems
- management and consulting
Students select from three areas of concentration:
- reading instruction
- digital literacies
- families, communities and culture
- You will learn to conduct research in your own classroom in order to inform instruction and share the knowledge gained in a professional community of teachers.
- You will learn advanced mathematics coursework and will strengthen mathematical content knowledge.
- In English Language Arts, teachers teach reading literature, writing for multiple audiences, expressing ideas and opinions in speech and interpersonal communication and exploring the potential of the arts in language arts.
- In Mathematics, teachers enable students to learn mathematics by engaging them in mathematical practices and using critical thinking to make sense of core mathematical ideas.
- In Science, teachers enable students to learn science by thinking critically, engaging them in scientific practices and using core science ideas to make sense of phenomena from the natural world.
- In Social Studies, teachers develop young citizens who can participate in our democracy and the global community by thinking critically in history, geography, political science and economics content areas.
This program includes the following:
- program evaluation models
- specialized topics in program evaluation
- issues in program evaluation
This program will help you if you’re in the following settings:
- government agencies
- nonprofit organizations