THE PLAY THERAPY TRAINING INSTITUTE PROUDLY PRESENTS:
Terry Kottman, Ph.D., RPT-S, NCC, LMHC
Creative Play Therapy Interventions
Thursday, May 18, 2023 (9 a.m. – Noon)
Georgia State University
College of Education & Human Development
30 Pryor Street, SW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Description of Training:
In this fun and experiential workshop, you will learn practical play therapy intervention techniques for building a relationship, exploring clients’ lifestyles, helping clients gain insight, and facilitating them making changes in their behavior, thinking, and feelings. You will learn a model for metaphor design, therapeutic storytelling, art techniques, and structured play activities, you can use in your play therapy sessions for assessing clients and facilitating movement in their therapeutic process.
Terry Kottman, Ph.D., RPT-S, NCC founded The Encouragement Zone, a center in Cedar Falls, Iowa, where she provides play therapy training and supervision, life coaching, counseling, and “playshops” for women. Terry developed Adlerian play therapy, an approach to counseling children that combines the ideas and techniques of Individual Psychology and play therapy. She regularly presents workshops and writes about play therapy, activity- based counseling, school counseling, and life coaching. She is the author of Partners in Play, Play Therapy: Basics and Beyond, and several other books.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to…
- Describe one play therapy technique used to build a relationship with clients.
- Describe one play therapy technique used to explore clients’ lifestyles.
- Describe one play therapy technique to facilitate clients making changes in patternsof thinking, feeling, and/or behaving.
- Describe 1 method for designing therapeutic stories in play therapy.
- Explain one art technique for use in play therapy.
|Costs/Registration Fees Per Workshop Affiliation||Cost|