Tommy hopes the writing center he co-founded with a colleague at his current high school will help students thrive and become a space where they can not only share and learn from each other, but have a better appreciation and understanding of their own writing.
* Tommy Jolly is an alumni of the more »
After returning to his hometown in Jackson, MS, Chaka says one of the best aspects of the M.Ed. in English Education program was its focus on pluralism and multiculturalism – two concepts he hopes to instill in his students.
* Chaka Mason is an alumni of the Master of… more »
Malika is a self-described math nerd who wants to travel the world and study how successful math teachers from other countries integrate math discourse in their classrooms as opposed to only focusing on the curriculum.
* Malika Meidinger is a student in the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Elementary… more »
Nneka says the K-5 Mathematics Endorsement courses have drastically improved how she teaches math, and has enabled her to have much more meaningful discussions about math with her students.
* Nneka Bennett is a student in the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Mathematics… more »
Heather discusses how her ESOL elementary students are thriving in math with the lessons she’s learned after receiving her K-5 Math Endorsement.
* Heather Parnell is a student in the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Elementary Education with an Endorsement in Mathematics program in the more »
After teaching special education elementary students for four years, Tiffany wanted to improve how she taught mathematics, so she returned to Georgia State for an M.Ed. in Elementary Education with a Mathematics Endorsement.
* Tiffany Jacobs is an alumni of the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Elementary Education with… more »
Kayla’s love of mathematics fueled her passion to become an elementary math educator. After receiving her M.Ed. in Elementary Education, she decided to pursue a doctorate in Early Childhood Education and hopes to teach the next generation of elementary math teachers.
* Kayla Myers is an alumni of the more »
Consider becoming a middle school teacher
After completing her Master of Education in Health and Physical Education, Justina had a better understanding of how research informs practice. Listen to why she decided to further her education in Georgia State’s Kinesiology Ph.D. program to research assessment practices at the elementary level.
* Justina Rodriguez is an alumni of the more »
Intended for people interested in the College’s graduate programs.