Tommy hopes the writing center he co-founded with a colleague at his current high school will help students thrive and become a space where they can not only share and learn from each other, but have a better appreciation and understanding of their own writing.
* Tommy Jolly is an alumni of the more »
After returning to his hometown in Jackson, MS, Chaka says one of the best aspects of the M.Ed. in English Education program was its focus on pluralism and multiculturalism – two concepts he hopes to instill in his students.
* Chaka Mason is an alumni of the Master of… more »
Once she completed her M.Ed. in English Education, Brianne leveraged her degree and background in publishing and working as an English high school teacher by starting her own tutoring businesses, and reviewing textbooks to ensure they comply with Common Core standards.
* Brianne Henry is an alumni of the more »
After spending several years in the classroom as a high school English teacher, Sean transitioned into a Teacher Development Specialist after receiving his M.Ed. in English Education. As a testament to his successful tenure, his last group of high school students sent him off with this simple message, “we love you dad.”
* Sean Antonetti… more »
As a recent graduate of the M.A.T. in English Education program, Mara Johnson understands the power of creativity and how to use innovative methods to engage students.
* Mara Johnson is an alumni of the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) in English Education program in the more »
After completing his Master of Arts in Teaching in English Education, Adolfo says the program helped him avoid the pitfalls many first year teachers experience.
* Adolfo Castellanos is an alumni of the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) in English Education program in the more »