Scholarships & Fellowships
Undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Education can apply for a number of scholarships and fellowships to support their academic endeavors. Check out some of the great opportunities below.
Application and instructions:
The scholarship program commemorates 100 years of academic excellence and service to the community by Georgia State University alumni. College of Education graduates are leaders and visionaries who serve students in rural and urban schools, colleges and universities across the nation.
Learn more about the Dean’s Research Doctoral Fellowship.
In order to qualify for this award, all supporting documentation must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on the first Monday in October for the Fall award cycle, and the first Monday in March for the Spring and Summer cycle. All information should be submitted as one PDF document in the order indicated below. The Committee on Research and Scholarship will review all applications and recipients will be chosen and notified within one month after the deadline. For more information, please contact Associate Dean Walt Thompson 404-413-8365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Requirements and Submission Materials:
- Cover letter (include degree program and contact information)
- Two-page summary of the approved prospectus
- Nomination letter from doctoral chair addressing all of the selection criteria
- Detailed budget for the use of grant funds.
The COE Committee on Research and Scholarship will evaluate applications in each of the following areas:
- Significance or potential impact of the proposed study
- Feasibility of the proposed work
- Methodological soundness
- Quality of the students’ writing
- Appropriateness of the budget
At the completion of the award cycle, students should send a summary description of how they used the funds to support their dissertation work to the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research at email@example.com.
Felicia and Rodney Mayfield Scholarship $1000 Award
Felicia Mayfield has spent her life sharing her time and talents as a teacher, educator, administrator and motivator. She is a proud “GSU triple Panther” having earned three degrees from Georgia State University. She credits GSU’s education as part of her success and feels that the university is a cornerstone in the community. Dr. Mayfield wants to ensure every student at GSU has the opportunity she was afforded. She is particularly concerned with students whose education is in jeopardy because they fall just below the grade point average required by HOPE. Therefore, she has established the Felicia and Rodney Mayfield Scholarship to award a College of Education student who is in financial need and has a GPA between 2.5 and 2.99.
Application Deadline: February 23, 2015
- Undergraduate students majoring in degrees in the College of Education
- Must be enrolled in Spring 2015
- GPA between 2.5 and 2.99
- Evidence of financial need
- Letter of application outlining the applicant’s commitment to degree completion and financial need
- Two letters of support from faculty and/or staff advisor
Materials should be submitted to:
- Joyce Many, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies and Educator Preparation
Application and reference: