Office of Research and Sponsored Projects
The Office of Research and Sponsored Projects supports students, faculty and staff in the College of Education & Human Development with pre-award and post-award activities. We support educational researchers by assisting with searches for funding opportunities, aiding with proposal and budget development, and providing post-award financial and reporting assistance. The office’s ongoing goals are:
- To help the College increase its level of sponsored funding over the next three years.
- To support educational researchers’ pre-award activities, including grant searching and proposal development.
- To support educational researchers’ post-award activities, including financial administration and research support.
- To support educational researchers through the strengthening of internal and external relationships.
Erin Whitney, Administrative Assistant
Toni Duncan, Grants and Contracts Officer II
Mi’Yata Johnson, Research Associate II
Post-award services team members: Dean's Office (includes Dean Alberto, Dr. G. Benson, Dr. W. Thompson and Learning Technologies Division).
Letitia Williams, Grants and Contracts Officer II
Post-award services team members: Department of Counseling and Psychological Services, The Crim Center, Dean's Office (includes Dr. J. Many, Departments of Educational Policy Studies, Kinesiology and Health, Middle and Secondary Education).
Kenya Walker, Grants and Contracts Officer II
Post-award services team members: Departments of Early Childhood and Elementary Education and Educational Psychology, Special Education, and Communication Disorders.
- Provide technical review of RFPs
- Examine proposals for inclusion of required parts
- Assist with budget and budget justification development for appropriate calculations, salaries, fringes, tuition, indirect and escalations
- Calculate committed cost share and indirect cost agreements
- Route proposal approvals for required signature(s) and submission
The Office of the Associate Dean of Research in the College of Education & Human Development provides research methodology consulting to assist faculty and doctoral students in research planning, research design, and interpretation of results for quantitative dissertations, grant applications, program evaluation, and research publications.
This service is aligned with the College of Education & Human Development’s strategic plan, and our intent is to provide guidance to enhance the research design and implementation steps so that you can present your findings in the most effective and professional manner. This service is open to College of Education & Human Development faculty members and doctoral students.
College of Education & Human Development Building
30 Pryor St. SW, Atlanta, GA
Each week of the month, from September to November and from February to April, a different speaker will address interested faculty, students, and staff in The Forum, 1030 Education Building, at noon. The following monthly calendar indicates how topics are scheduled. Additional presentations may be added.
For a complete schedule, visit our calendar listing for Professional Development Wednesdays.