- M.A., American Military University, 2012
Ph.D., Indiana University, 1989
M.S., Indiana University,1984
Masters of Science in Psychology, Purdue University, 1981
Bachelors of Arts in Psychology , Indiana University, 1978
- Trauma treatment and crisis management
Greg Brack is a licensed psychologist in Georgia with a Ph.D. in counseling psychology from Indiana University in 1989.
Brack has over 50 articles published and nearly 200 presentations in the area of crisis and trauma. In addition, Brack is a certified mediator and teaches classes in mediation. In 1997, Brack was one of the original founders of the Project for the Empowerment of South African Counselors (PESAC), a joint organization between GSU and South African counselors to assist the new South Africa to develop its educational and mental health infrastructure.
Brack continues as the co-director of that organization. To date, PESAC has provided over 200 hours of in-country training for South African service professionals and established the first degree program for Life Skills Education and distance learning in Sub-Sahara Africa. Brack’s international counseling work continues with future expansion to other areas in Africa and around the world. Currently, Brack is developing postmodern definitions and treatment paradigms for trauma recovery.
- Watson, L. B., Matheny, K. B., Gagne, P., Brack, G. L., & Ancis, J. R. (in press). Assessing Women’s Experiences with Childhood Sexual Abuse, Body Image, Emotional Experience, and Sexual Health. Psychology of Women Quarterly.
- Brack, G., Lassiter, P, Kitzinger, R., Hill, M., McMahon, G. & Fall, K. (In press). Individual Psychology on the Virtual Frontier: Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Gaming, Journal of Individual Psycholog.
Brack, G., Hill, M., & Brack, C. (2012). Individual Psychology in South Africa. Journal of Individual Psychology, 68, 294-307.
- Dispenza, F., Watson, L. Chung, B., & Brack, G. (2012). Experience of career-related discrimination for female-to-male transgender persons: A qualitative study. Career Development Quarterly, 60, 65-83.
- Brack, G., Lassiter, P., Hill, M., Moore, S. (2011). Ecosystemic complexity theory of conflict: Understanding the fog of conflict. Journal of Humanistic Counseling, Education & Development, 50(1), 3-15.
- Brown, S., Brack, G., & Mullis, F. (2008). Traumatic symptoms in sexually abused children: Implications for school counselors. Professional School Counseling. 11(6), 368-379.
- Hill M. B., Brack G., Qalinge L., & Dean J. (2008). Adlerian similarities to a Sangoma treating AIDS in South Africa. Journal of Individual Psychology, 64(3), .
- Brack, G. (2007). Critical Thinking in Education. In G. Rainbolt, Critical Thinking in College. Mason, OH: Thomson Wadsworth. 314-317
- Wells, M. C., Hill, M. B., Brack, G., Brack, C. J., & Firestone, E. E. (2006). Co-dependency’s relationship to defining characteristics in college students. Journal of College Student Psychotherapy, 20, 71-84.
- Brack, C. J., McCarthy, C. J., Brack, G., Hill, M., & Lassiter, P.S. (2005). Usefulness of the Perceptual Alteration Scale. Journal of Professional Counseling: Practice, Theory, and Research, 33(2), 4-16, 13p; (AN 22969650)
- Michele Hill & Greg Brack (2004). The killing and burning of witches in South Africa: A model of community rebuilding and reconciliation. In J. Ancis (Ed.) Culturally-based interventions: Alternative approaches to working with diverse populations. New York: Brunner-Routledge.
- Brack, G., Hill, M., Edwards, D, Grootboom, N. & Lassiter, P. (2003). Adler and Ubuntu: Using Adlerian Principles in the new South Africa. Journal of Individual Psychology, 59 (3), 316-326.
- Hill, M. B., Brack, G., & Dean, J. (2003). Racial profiling in America’s schools. ACResolution, 3(1), 6-8.
- Soet, J.E., Brack, G., & DiIorio, C. (2003). Prevalence and predictors of women’s experience of psychological trauma during childbirth. Birth, 30(1), 36-46.
- Brack, C. J., Charbonneau, M., Brack, G., & Hill, M. (2002). Family of origin characteristics and symptomatology in a counseling center population. Journal of College Student Psychotherapy, 17, 53-74.
- Hill, M. & Brack, G. (2001). Human Modelling as Educational Transition for South Africa’s Street Children. World Education Fellowship’s International Journal: New Era in Education, 82 (1), 3-7.
- Smith, S., Mullis, F., Brack, G., & Kern, R. (1999). An Adlerian model for the etiology of aggression in adjudicated adolescents. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families, 7, 135-147.
- Brack, G., Brack, C. J., Hill, J. A., & Frielich, E. (1998). Future directions: Chaos and complexity theory in counseling. Journal of the Professional Counselor, 13, 59-69.
- (Hill) Carlson, M., Brack, C., Laygo, R., Cohen, R., & Kirkscey, M. (1998). An exploratory study of multicultural competence of counselors in training: Support for experiential skills building. Clinical Supervisor, 17(2), 75-87.
- McCarthy, C. J., Brack, G., Brack, C. J., Liu, H. T., & Hill Carlson, M. (1998). Relationship of college students’ current attachment to appraisals of parental conflict. Journal of College Counseling, 1, 135-153.
- Bagwell, M., & Brack, G. (1997). The therapeutic use of reframing and world view in mental health counseling. Journal of Mental Health Counseling 10, 78-86.
- Brack, G., Brack, C., & McCarthy, C. (1997). A model for helping novice therapists to integrate their affective reactions and cognition appraisals in supervision. Clinical Supervisor. 15, 181-190.
- Bruss, K. V., Brack, C., Brack, G, Glickhauf-Hughes, C., & O’Leary, M. (1997). Supervision of the development of therapists working with gay, lesbian, and bisexual clients. Clinical Supervisor. 15, 61-74.
- Laygo, R., McCarthy, C., Brack, G., Brack, C., & Orr, D. (1997). Relationship between adolescent risk behaviors and concern about AIDS. School Counselor, 44, 185-197.
- McCarthy, C. Brack, G., Brack, C., & Beaton, R. (1997). A new therapeutic model for integrating affect and cognition. Psychotherapy, 34, 76-80.
- McCarthy, C., Lambert, R., & Brack, G. (1997). Structural model of coping, appraisals, and emotions after relationship breakup. Journal of Counseling & Development, 76, 53-64.
- McCarthy, C., Liu, H., Ghormley, M., Brack, G., & Brack, C. (1997). The relationship of beliefs about mood to coping resource effectiveness. Journal of College Student Development. 38, 157-165.
- Brack, C., Brack, G., Beaton, R. B., Edwards, D., Hill, J. A., Smith, R. M. & White, J. (1996). Mental health consultation: In defense of merging theory and practice. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 18, 347-357.
- Brack, C. J., Brack, G., Morran, D. K. & Kurpius, D. J. (1996). A model of counselors’ cognitive flow with implications for supervision and training couples counselors. The Family Journal. 4, 251-256.
- Brack, C. J., Brack, G. L. & Orr, D. P. (1996). Adolescent health promotion: Testing a model using multidimensional scaling. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 6, 139-150.
- Matheny, K., Brack, G., McCarthy, C., & Penick, J. (1996). The effectiveness of cognitively-based approaches in treating stress-related symptoms. Psychotherapy, 33, 305-320.
- McCarthy, C., Brack, C., Brack, G., Lambert, R., & Orr, D. (1996). Adolescent characteristics that predict behavioral risk factors. School Counselor, 43, 277-286.
- McCarthy, C., Brack, G., & Brack, C. (1996). Relationship of cognitive appraisals and attachment to emotional events with the family of origin. The Family Journal. 4, 316-326.
- O’Leary, M., Franzoni, J., Brack, G., & Zirps, F. (1996). Divorcing parents: factors related to coping and adjustment. Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 25, 85-103.
- Snow, M., Beckman, D., & Brack, G. (1996). Results of the Dissociative Experiences Scale in a jail population. Dissociation, 9, 98-103.
- Brack, C. J., Brack, G., & Infante, K. (1995). Couples counseling with survivors of child and adolescent abuse. The Family Journal, 3, 306-317.
- Morran, D. K., Kurpius, D. J., Brack, C. J., & Brack, G. (1995). A cognitive skills model for counselor training and supervision. Journal of Counseling and Development, 73, 384-389.
- Brack, C., Brack, G., & Zucker, A. (1995). How Chaos and Complexity theory can help counselors to be more effective. Counseling and Values, 39, 200 208.
- Brack, C. J., Brack, G., & Orr, D. P. (1994). Dimensions underlying problem behaviors and emotions and related psychosocial factors in early and middle adolescents. Journal of Early Adolescence, 14, 345 370.
- Morran, D.K., Kurpius, D.J., Brack, G., & Rozecki, T.G. (1994). Relationship between counselors’ clinical hypotheses and client ratings of counselor effectiveness. Journal of Counseling and Development, 72, 655 660.
- Ryland, B., Riordan, R., & Brack, G. (1994). Selected characteristics of high risk students and their enrollment persistence. Journal of College Student Development, 35, 54 58.
- Shapiro, M. & Brack, G. (1994). Psychosocial aspects of siblings’ experience of pediatric cancer. Elementary School Guidance and Counseling, 28(4), 264 273.
- Bagwell, M., Brack, G. & Blalock, A. (1993). The relationship between childhood sexual victimization and eating disorders. Georgia Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 1, 54 60.
- Brack, G., Gay, M.F., & Matheny, K.B. (1993). Relationships between attachment and coping resources among late adolescents. Journal of College Student Development, 34, 212 215.
- Brack, G., Jones, E., Smith, R., White, J. & Brack, C.J. (1993). A primer on consultation theory: Building a flexible world view. Journal of Counseling and Development, 71, 819 628.
- Kurpius, D. J., Brack, G., Brack, C. J., & Dunn, L. (1993). Maturation of systems consultation: Subtle issues inherent in the model. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 15, 414 429.
- Brack, G., Brack, C.J., & Zucker, A. (1992). Time perception and time processing as an aspect of the therapeutic process. Psychotherapy, 29, 336 343.
- Newton, F.B., LaClave, L.J., Brack, G., & Brack, C.J., (1992). Autonomy training: A structured group experience. Journal of College Development, 33, 371 373.
- Brack, G., LaClave, L.J., & Wyatt, A. (1992). Relationship of problem solving and reframing to stress and depression in female college students. Journal of College Student Development, 33, 124 131.
- Brack, G., Brack, C.J., & Hartson, D. (1991). When a reframe fails: Explorations into students’ ecosystems. Journal of College Student Psychotherapy, 6, 103 118.
- Brack, G., Brack, C.J., & Clodfelter, C. (1990). Use of reframing with delinquent adolescents. Journal of Counseling and Human Service Professions, 4(1), 41 50.
- Morran, D.K., Kurpuis, D.J., & Brack, G. (1989). Empirical investigation of counselor self talk categories. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 36 (4), 505 510.
- Blix, S. & Brack, G. (1989). The effects of a suspected case of Munchausen’s Syndrome by Proxy on a pediatric nursing staff. General Hospital Psychiatry, 10, 402 409.
- LaClave, L.J., & Brack, G. (1989). Reframing to deal with patient resistance: Practical application. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 45(1), 68 76.
- Brack, G., LaClave, L.J. & Heumann, K. (1989). Consultation on the medical frontier: A preliminary survey of the attitudes of infant intensive care nurses. General Hospital Psychiatry, 11, 174 181.
- Brack, G., LaClave, L., & Blix, S. (1988). The psychological aspects of bone marrow transplant: A staff’s perspective. Cancer Nursing, 11(4).
- Campbell, J.L. LaClave, L.J., & Brack, G. (1987). Clinical depression in pediatric burn patients. Burns, 13(3), 213 217.
- Brack, G., LaClave, L., & Brack C. (1987). A survey of the attitudes of burn unit nurses. Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation, 8(4), 299 306.