Your application will be considered complete and ready for departmental review when all required items, including official test scores, are received and logged into our records system.
Follow these steps to complete your application:
1. Online Application and Fee: Complete the Online graduate application after consulting the materials required and deadlines (#2 below). Application fee of $50 payable online with credit card upon submission of application.
2. Materials Required: Review materials required chart and application completion deadlines. Different programs have different requirements as to resume/vitae, statement of purpose (goal statement), numbers and types of recommendation letters, test scores, etc.
3. Transcripts: Submit two official copies of transcripts from each college or university attended (applicants who previously have attended Georgia State must submit one transcript from each institution attended before Georgia State and two transcripts from each institution attended after Georgia State).
4. Test Scores (GRE and GACE): Submit official GRE scores (or MAT scores, when required -- see Materials Required charts) -- GRE scores may not be more than five years old at the time of application. Also, if you are applying to an initial certification program, you must submit applicable GACE basic skills scores, unless you meet an exemption requirement (click here for more information about GACE). All materials must be in the Office of Academic Assistance and Graduate Admissions by the stated application deadline date.
5. International Applicants: Applicants whose native language is not English should also submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Exception: This is not required of international applicants who have received an accredited bachelor's degree or a higher degree from a U.S. institution. In addition, if your degree was awarded by a non-U.S. institution, you will need to submit a University course-by-course evaluation from a translation service -- Joseph SILNY, ECE, or WES.
6. Additional Supplemental Documents: Submit all other required materials listed on the Materials Required chart.
7. Make a Copy for Your Records: We recommend that you print a copy of your complete application, as well as copies of all supplemental documents, for your own records.