This web page offers a comprehensive look at registration, coursework, grading and other academic information for faculty and staff in the College of Education. Links to university and Board of Regents policies, academic calendars, course descriptions and forms for petitions and appeals are also listed below for your convenience.
Links for Scheduling and Catalog
Registration and Grades
Registration Adjustments After Late Registration Has Ended for the Semester.
Registration Adjustment requests must be requested from the department that teaches the course.
When submitting the request to the Office of the Registrar, the department must include the following information:
- Student Name
- Panther ID
- Course Information (i.e. prefix & number, CRN, and credit hours)
- Action: Add, Drop, or Withdrawal *
*Request to withdraw, please indicate estimated last date of attendance
Note: The appeal for a course-add should not exceed the student’s maximum course load allowed. Requests for exceptions to the maximum course load (18 for undergraduate and 25 for graduate) will be considered by the Student Advisement Center or the Office of Academic Assistance in the student’s college. (FYI: Credit hours from withdrawn courses are included in the maximum course load.) Any adjustments to the maximum course load MUST be completed by SAC or the OAA and on the student’s record prior to submitting a registration adjustment to the Office of the Registrar.
If the request to add a course is approved and processed, the Office of the Registrar will send an email to the student’s firstname.lastname@example.org email account. In addition to any tuition and fee charges, the student’s account will be charged a $37.50 manual adjustment fee. This fee is charged for each appeal (course) approved. (FYI: If this is a first-attempt to register, a $50 non-refundable late fee will be charged in addition to the $37.50 manual adjustment fee.) The student is responsible for immediately paying any tuition and fees incurred from the course-add. Failure to do so will result in a hold on the student’s record.
If the student decides not to attend the course once it has been added, the student’s only option will be to withdraw from the course via PAWS. (FYI: Students must withdraw from all courses to be eligible for a refund).
- The instructor will need to email the grade adjustment form as an attachment via GroupWise to the approving authority (chair, associate dean, dean).
- The approving authority should then send an email to Grade Adjustment via GroupWise indicating approval along with the attached grade adjustment form. Please send the grade adjustment form as an Excel spreadsheet and not in PDF format. DO NOT send a list of students with several grade adjustments on one email.
- Once the grade adjustment process is complete, submit the email via GroupWise which indicates approval from the approving authority along with the grade adjustment form directly to the grade adjustment email address listed below. Please send the grade adjustment form as an attachment.
Grade Adjustment Email Address: email@example.com
Grade Adjustments for an NR to Letter Grade: The instructor will need to email the grade adjustment form to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grade Adjustments for an I or IP to a Letter Grade: The instructor will need to email the grade adjustment form to mailto:email@example.com.
Removal of Incomplete (I) Grades: policy and form
Extensions for I grade:
According to policy, the university requires that a grade of I be removed no later than the end of the second academic term after the grade of I was assigned (whether or not the student was enrolled during these two terms). However, instructors may want to extend the deadline for the "I" to be removed.
To extend an "I" grade beyond the second term, the instructor needs to:
- an e-mail must be sent from the instructor to the department chair with the following information.
Course Information (i.e. prefix & number, CRN, and credit hours) The exact extension date must be included in the e-mail for the request to be processed.
- The chair will need to approve the request and then forward the e-mail to the grade adjustment e-mail account.
Link for Roll Verification
Roll Verification Instructions
- Access PAWS
- Click the Classes Tab.
- Click on the Verify Roll for Federal Financial Aid link on the Faculty Menu (left column).
- Select the current term.
- Select a CRN.
- Click on the drop-down box next to each student's ID to change attendance from "Attended" to "Never Attended". Because it defaults to "Attended”, you do not have to do anything for those students who have attended.
- After the roll has been verified and/or updates have been made, scroll to the bottom and click "I have verified and/or updated the roll" button to submit your changes.
- Everything you save here can be changed up until the deadline to verify class rolls. You must complete the roll verification process by the deadline.
- To ensure that you have verified rolls for all courses, click on the “View Roll Verification Status” link
- Select a term
- All courses assigned to you will be listed. If there is a “yes” under the verified column, you have successfully verified your roll.
- If “no” appears, click on the course CRN and verify the roll. Once the roll has been verified, the status will change to “yes”.
Please note: Indicating the student has NOT attended will NOT automatically drop the student from the roll. At this point in the semester, a student will remain on your roll and can only be withdrawn from the course - not dropped.
Links for Petitions and Appeals
Links for Curriculum