Is an M.Ed. in Urban Education Right For You?
It’s a known fact that children living in low-income and impoverished neighborhoods don’t receive a high quality education. What’s even more devastating is the rate at which teachers in high needs public schools leave the profession after a few years.
The Urban Accelerated Certification & Master’s Program (UACM) – located in the College of Education and Human Development at Georgia State University – is in the heart of downtown Atlanta and offers students the opportunity to fill this growing gap by preparing you to earn a master’s of education.
Are you ready to make a difference in a child’s life?
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
- Ability to complete two-year master’s program
- Career changing professional and/or college graduate
- Interested in teaching at an urban elementary school
- Earn PreK-5 certification and English as a Second Language endorsement
Learn how the UACM Program has benefited Agnes Jones Elementary?