College of Education Alumni Scholarship
The College of Education Alumni Scholarship Program honors students who exemplify excellence by their scholarship and commitment to improving student achievement.
The scholarship program commemorates 100 years of academic excellence and service to the community by Georgia State University alumni. College of Education graduates are leaders and visionaries who serve students in rural and urban schools, colleges and universities across the nation.
This scholarship is supported by donations from College of Education alumni and friends. A committee appointed by the dean will review all applications and make recommendations based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate program in the College of Education
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Applicant must show a pattern of scholarship (e.g. the presentation of research at professional meetings, publications)
- Applicant must show a commitment to service to the university, community and profession
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from a professor in his/her department
Two $1000 cash scholarships will be awarded and presented during the annual Alumni Network Benefit and Silent Auction on April 26, 2014.
Download the Alumni Scholarship Application (MS Word).
Application deadline: February 20
For more information about the scholarship program, please contact Elisa Tate, College of Education alumni coordinator, at 404-413-8101 or email@example.com.