COE Alumni Network Scholarship
The College of Education Alumni Network Scholarship Program honors students who exemplify excellence by their scholarship and commitment to improving student achievement.
College of Education Alumni Scholarships Awarded
Doctoral students Cory Baumann, Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology (Muscle Biology) and LaToya Russell Ph.D. in Educational Policy Studies are the recipients of the 2014 College of Education Alumni Scholarship.
- The scholars were recognized at a Scholars Reception on April 15, 2014 prior to the College of Education Honors Day Ceremony.
- The scholarship is a $1,000 award that honors students who exemplify excellence by their scholarship and commitment to improving student achievement.
Scholarship Application Process
The scholarship program commemorates 100 years of academic excellence and service to the community by Georgia State University alumni. College of Education graduates are leaders and visionaries who serve students in rural and urban schools, colleges and universities across the nation.
This scholarship is supported by donations from College of Education alumni and friends. A committee appointed by the dean will review all applications and make recommendations based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate program in the College of Education
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Applicant must show a pattern of scholarship (e.g. the presentation of research at professional meetings, publications)
- Applicant must show a commitment to service to the university, community and profession
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from a professor in his/her department
Two $1000 cash scholarships were awarded and presented during the annual Alumni Network Benefit and Silent Auction on April 26, 2014.
Download the Alumni Scholarship Application (MS Word).
Contact for more information
College of Education alumni coordinator