Undergraduate Admission for Teacher Preparation
First, you have to be accepted to Georgia State!
Before you can major in a College of Education undergraduate program, first you’ll need to be accepted to Georgia State University. When applying, select the “pre-major” for your College of Education program of interest. Contact Georgia State’s Office of Admissions for the online application and information for freshmen, transfer, transient, post-baccalaureate (post-bac), and international undergraduate students.
|Apply now to GSU! Explore all COE programs|
You Want To Teach — Apply Here For Your Teacher Preparation Major!
In order to take most junior and senior level classes (those designated as TEA or TE in the catalog course descriptions), current Georgia State University undergraduate students with a pre-major in Early Childhood Education, Birth through Five Education, Health and Physical Education, Middle Level Education, or a major in Art, Music, or a Foreign Language must complete an application and be admitted by the program department.
As part of the application process, students must also complete the GACE Program Admission Assessment (unless candidate meets one of the qualifications for exemption), the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment – Program Entry (350), purchase Tort Liability, and upload proof of Tort Liability with their application.
Applications for entry to teacher education (deadlines noted):
- Birth Through Five Education (Fall: June 1; Spring: Oct. 1; Summer: April 1)
- Early Childhood Education (Fall: Feb. 1; Spring: July 1)
- Health and Physical Education (rolling admission)
- Middle Level Application (Fall: April 1)
- Arts and Sciences Teacher Education Program (art, music, or foreign language)(Fall: July 1; Spring Oct. 1)
- Trade and Industrial (T&I) and Healthcare Science Teacher Education (HSTE) (July 9)