Graduate Application Steps
1. Online application and fee: Go to the online application form, complete the application, and submit with $50 payment (via credit card). Submit your application as early as possible — as soon as you submit, you will be assigned a personal admissions specialist who will update your application as materials (test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation) arrive. Your admissions specialist will be your “go to” contact for all questions and concerns regarding your application. Don’t delay, submit today!
2. Application materials required: Different programs have different requirements as to entry tests and scores, resume/vitae, statement of purpose (goal statement), and recommendation letters, etc. View the requirements for your degree program of interest. Send supplemental application materials to:
Georgia State University
College of Education
Academic Assistance & Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 3977
Atlanta, GA 30302-3977
3. Deadlines: Note the deadlines per program. Remember, your best option is to submit your application early — test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation can follow post-submission. Meet your personal admissions specialist — submit today!
4. Transcripts: We encourage you to submit your transcripts electronically — we regularly receive transcripts from other colleges using e-SCRIP-SAFE and Parchment. You only need to submit one transcript if using an electronic service, and delivery time is drastically reduced. If sending paper transcripts, two official copies are required for each transcript. Applicants who previously have attended Georgia State must submit one transcript from each institution attended before Georgia State and two transcripts from each institution attended after Georgia State. You do not need to send your GSU transcripts to us, as we are able to access those records digitally.
5. Test scores (GRE and GACE): Submit official GRE scores (or MAT scores, when required — see materials required charts). Select institution code 5251 to send official GRE/MAT/TOEFL scores to Georgia State. Do not select a department code.GRE scores may not be more than five years old at the time of application. Also, if you are applying to an initial certification program, you must submit applicable GACE program admission assessment scores (select institution code 5090 for official GACE score reporting to Georgia State), unless you meet an exemption requirement (Attention: GSU will not exempt for holders of Master’s degrees — learn more about GACE). All materials must be in the Office of Academic Assistance and Graduate Admissions by the stated application deadline date.
6. International applicants: Applicants whose native language is not English should also submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the IELTS. Select institution code 5251 to send official TOEFL scores to Georgia State. A minimum internet based TOEFL score of 79 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required for admission to the College of Education. The TOEFL or IELTS is not required of international applicants who have received an accredited bachelor’s degree or a higher degree from a U.S. institution. In addition, if your degree was awarded by a non-U.S. institution, you will need to submit a university course-by-course evaluation, including grade point average, from a translation service — either Joseph SILNY or ECE..
7. Citizenship Verification documents: Upload citizenship verification document to your online application.
8. Make a Copy for Your Records: We recommend that you print a copy of your complete application, as well as copies of all supplemental documents, for your own records.