Graduate Application Steps
1. Online application and fee: Go to the online application form, fill it out and be prepared to pay $50 payable upon submission with a credit card.
2. Application materials required: Different programs have different requirements as to resume/vitae, statement of purpose (goal statement), numbers and types of recommendation letters, test scores, etc. View the requirements per degree program. Send supplemental application materials to:
Georgia State University
College of Education
Academic Assistance & Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 3977
Atlanta, GA 30302-3977
3. Deadlines: Note the deadlines per program:
4. Transcripts: We encourage you to submit your transcripts electronically — we regularly received transcripts from other colleges using e-SCRIP-SAFE and Parchment. You only need to submit one transcript if using an electronic service, and delivery time is drastically reduced. If sending paper transcripts, two official copies are required for each transcript. Applicants who previously have attended Georgia State must submit one transcript from each institution attended before Georgia State and two transcripts from each institution attended after Georgia State. You do not need to send your GSU transcripts to us, as we are able to access those digitally through the GSU.
5. Test scores (GRE and GACE): Submit official GRE scores (or MAT scores, when required — see materials required charts). Select institution code 5251 to send official GRE/MAT/TOEFL scores to Georgia State. Do not select a department code.GRE scores may not be more than five years old at the time of application. Also, if you are applying to an initial certification program, you must submit applicable GACE program admission assessment scores (select institution code 5090 for official GACE score reporting to Georgia State), unless you meet an exemption requirement (Attention: GSU will not exempt for holders of Master’s degrees — learn more about GACE). All materials must be in the Office of Academic Assistance and Graduate Admissions by the stated application deadline date.
6. International applicants: Applicants whose native language is not English should also submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the IELTS. Select institution code 5251 to send official TOEFL scores to Georgia State. A minimum internet based TOEFL score of 79 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required for admission to the College of Education. The TOEFL or IELTS is not required of international applicants who have received an accredited bachelor’s degree or a higher degree from a U.S. institution. In addition, if your degree was awarded by a non-U.S. institution, you will need to submit a university course-by-course evaluation from a translation service — either Joseph SILNY or ECE..
7. Citizenship Verification documents: Upload citizenship verification document to your online application.
8. Make a Copy for Your Records: We recommend that you print a copy of your complete application, as well as copies of all supplemental documents, for your own records.