Online Education Programs
Application Deadline for Summer 2015 – April 1st
The College of Education offers five online education degree programs and two non-degree endorsements. Three of these programs allow certified teachers to earn Master of Education (M.Ed.) degrees without coming to campus. The Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) enables students to earn their initial certification in the area of English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). The Master of Science (M.S.) degree prepares graduates to conduct research in the schools and in other settings.
To determine whether you are eligible to apply for COE’s online programs, please check a link to the full listing of states in which GSU is currently authorized to offer instruction.
Online Programs through Georgia ONmyLINE (GOML):
- M.A.T. in English to Speakers of Other Languages (initial teaching certificate program)
- M.Ed. Mathematics Education
- M.Ed. Reading, Language and Literacy Education
- M.Ed. Science Education
- M.S. Educational Research
- ESOL Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
Online Programs Offered Directly through GSU
This program is not affiliated with GOML. It is offered directly through the Learning Technologies Department.
Online Program Coordinators
- Dr. Nermin Bayazit (Mathematics)
- Dr. Jayoung Choi (Reading, Language and Literacy)
- Dr. Ollie Manley (Science)
- Dr. Jodi Kaufmann (Research)
- Dr. Wanjira Kinuthia (Technology)
Apply to Our Programs
|Middle and Secondary Education:||Educational Policy Studies:|
|M.Ed. / M.A.T. programs Bobbie Turner firstname.lastname@example.org 404-413-8405||M.S. Educational Research program Aishah Cowan email@example.com 404-413-8273|
The online programs at Georgia State University are offered at two fee rates.
- The five College of Education programs (M.Ed., M.A.T., M.S. in Educational Research and the endorsements) are offered at a flat electronic rate (regardless of residency) of $385 per credit hour.
- The only additional fee added to this cost will be a USG/Board of Regents fee of $404 per term.
- The M.S. in Instructional Technology online degree is offered at $348 per credit hour plus University fees for in-state students and $1212 per credit hour, plus University fees for out-of-state students.