Georgia State University/ Guangzhou High School Partnership
High school teachers who teach English/social science, math/physics, or science are encouraged to apply to work as high school teachers in Guangzhou, China, as part of a new Georgia State University College of Education partnership with Guangzhou Overseas High School.
A cohort of Chinese students who intend to attend Georgia State University for their undergraduate degree will be taught in English by Georgia State trained secondary teachers during their final two years of high school. Three teachers will be hired by the BELA Education Group in China to teach math, English, social studies and science aligned with Georgia’s standards for graduation. Potential applicants will be screened by College of Education faculty with BELA Education Group administrators making the final selection. One year contracts will be available with a renewal option for a second year.
Teacher compensation packages are as follows:
- Salary range for master teachers: $38,000-$45,000, with an additional $2,000 full attendance bonus and $5,000 performance bonus possible. Candidates who accept a three-year contract are eligible for an additional 15 percent bonus.
- Salary range for minimally experienced teachers: $25,000—$30,000, with an additional $2,000 full attendance bonus and $5,000 performance bonus possible. Candidates who accept a three-year contract are eligible for an additional 15 percent bonus.
Note: The first $75,000 of income in China is tax exempt. Teachers are provided with free housing and one round trip airline ticket per year.
For more information about compensation packages, click here.
Qualified candidates will be capable of serving as ambassadors for Georgia State University and as representatives of excellent, innovative educators. Candidates must have Georgia certification and a deep understanding of the secondary grades subject matter and curriculum standards for English/social sciences, math/physics, or sciences. Preferred qualifications include being an alumnus of a Georgia State University teacher education program, experience working with English language learners and demonstrated excellence in teaching and curriculum planning.
For more information about the job requirements, click here.
How to Apply
- An essay describing your qualifications and interest in the position
- Three recommendation letters (including one from a College of Education teacher education professor)
- Copies of all university transcripts
The deadline for applications is April 30, 2015. Review of applications will begin in April and continue until the positions are filled.